- 1947 The company is founded by the physicist Dr. Wilhelm Lehfeld
- 1950 The production starts in Heppenheim Ultrasonic medical techniques and cleaning
- 1963 The site of Fürth in the region „Odenwald“ is established
- 1972 The company name is changed to „KLN Ultraschall GmbH“
- 1978 The company is integrated into the Forward Technology Industries plc.- group
- 2000 The company is taken over by the globally operating Crest Group
- 2004 KLN opens new sites in Italy, Sweden and China
- 2006 A new production site in Heppenheim is currently being planned
Founded in 1947 by the physicist Dr. Lehfeldt and known since 1972 as KLN, we are today one
of the leading European manufacturers of machines and equipment for the welding of plastic parts
and specialists in ultrasonic cleaning.
In January 2000, KLN GmbH joined the globally operating Crest Ultrasonics Corp., USA/Trenton,
New Jersey. Worldwide, the CREST Group has a staff of over 1,000 employees at 20 different
production sites situated in 12 countries. The group’s main fields of activities are the complex
technologies of thermoplastic welding. In Heppenheim and Fürth, a team of currently 180 highly
skilled experts are working on most sophisticated client projects.